If you are thinking about entering the world of fasting, then you know that this can be a bit of a challenge. Fasting properly involves shifting the body’s way of handling food and hunger. I remember that the first time I tried fasting, it was a significant challenge. I had a hard time remembering what I could eat and when I could eat it. This is where fasting apps are helpful. When it comes to the best apps for intermittent fasting, what are they and how do they work?
Short Answer: The Best Apps for Intermittent Fasting Apps Are Designed To Help People Stick to a Diet
There are lots of intermittent fasting apps out there but the one thing they all have in common is that they provide helpful tips, tricks, and tools that everyone can use to stick to their diets. It is important to review how they work and what some of the top examples are.
Long Answer: Placing Intermittent Fasting Apps in Context
There are lots of types of fasting and all of them have their benefits. Intermittent fasting is one o the most popular forms today. Why is this the case?
What Is Intermittent Fasting?
Before diving into the world of apps, it is important to take a closer look at intermittent fasting. For those who might not know, intermittent fasting refers to short, recurring bouts of fasting. In this manner, intermittent fasting follows an eating period and lasts for several hours. Instead of worrying about what people should be eating, intermittent fasting instead focuses on when people should be eating. Some of the top types of intermittent fasting include:
- Alternate-day fasting is exactly what it sounds like. People spend 24 hours fasting before they go for 24 hours without any restrictions on their eating.
- The 16 to 8 method is arguably the easiest method of intermittent fasting to follow. People only eat in an eight-hour window and fast during the rest of the day. For example, some people might eat all of their food between the hours of noon and 8 PM.
- Finally, the OMAD method of intermittent fasting refers to only eating a single meal per day. People try to stuff all of their calories into a single meal.
Even though there are multiple ways to handle intermittent fasting, there are several benefits that they all have in common.
Exploring the Benefits of Intermittent Fasting
There are a few benefits of intermittent fasting that everyone should note. Some of the biggest benefits include:
- First, intermittent fasting can help someone with weight loss. By only eating during a certain period of the day, the body is forced to burn fat as an energy source during the fasting periods. This can help people enhance weight loss.
- Second, because people keep their blood sugar relatively low throughout the course of the day, this can help increase insulin sensitivity. In this manner, intermittent fasting can help prevent diabetes.
- Finally, there is evidence that shows that intermittent fasting can help keep the heart healthy by controlling, cholesterol, blood pressure, and triglycerides.
There are several apps that people can use to track their intermittent fasting schedules. What are some of the top apps available?
Analyzing the Best Apps for Intermittent Fasting
When it comes to intermittent fasting, there are lots of apps that can help people control their fasting, track their eating, and review the results. All of these apps do something just a little bit different, so people should take a look at the options and see which ones work best for them. A few of the top intermittent fasting apps available today include:
1. The Zero App
The Zero App was created back in 2016 by Kevin Rose. To date, the app has been downloaded more than 1 million times and has helped people complete more than 10 million fasts. The Zero app is popular because it helps users sync their intermittent fasting with their own, specific, biological clock. The app will take a look at the user’s location and figure out when the sun is going to set. Then, users can sync their fasting schedule with the patterns of the sun, making fasting easier. Some of the top features of this app include:
- There are options to choose from several popular fasts. Or, users can make their own.
- It is easy to track fasting progressions and goals.
- It is possible to share the intermittent fasting experience by connecting the app to social media profiles
These are just a few of the many reasons why the Zero app is one of the top intermittent fasting apps available today.
2. The Life Fasting Tracker
In the eyes of many, the Life Fasting app might be the best app for intermittent fasting today. It is a scheduling tracker that allows users to set their own individual start and end time. Then, users can also set their own goals for each individual fasting period. One of the major benefits of this intermittent fasting app is that there is a learning library built into the app which provides everyone with research-based evidence and tips to help them improve their intermittent fasting experience. The app has been downloaded countless times and has nearly 7 million completed fasts. Some of the main benefits of this app include:
- The app comes with an advanced tracker for glucose, ketones, and waist circumference
- It is possible to adjust the start and end time of each fast
- There is an in-app community that helps people connect with others, allowing them to motivate each other to succeed in intermittent fasting
The Life Fasting Tracker is an ideal solution for everyone looking to try intermittent fasting.
3. The BodyFast App
The BodyFast app comes from Germany and is an online intermittent fasting platform. It features a number of unique fasting plans and provides users with innovative tips to help them succeed in their individual pursuits. There is even a unique FAQ section that helps people find answers to countless questions related to intermittent fasting. To date, there are more than eight million people who use this app on a regular basis. This app helps users complete challenges and stay motivated. Some of the top benefits of the BodyFast app include:
- There are plenty of options for those who are looking for helpful fasting plans
- There is a fasting timer that people can start and stop throughout the weeks
- There is even a personal fasting coach who can help people find a program that is right for them
If you want to get the best results and avoid the typical mistakes on intermittent fasting, then these three apps will help you be successful with intermittent fasting.